Basic Photo Class Baton Rouge
Basic Photo Class Baton Rouge
Classes meet from 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm
NEXT CLASS WILL NOT BE UNTIL OCTOBER.
PLEASE SEE OUR PRIVATE LESSONS IF YOU NEEED ASSISTANCE NOW: HERE
An optional field trip that will fall on a Saturday or Sunday from 8:30 am to 10:30 am.
Location: 7809 Jefferson Hwy, Suite G, Baton Rouge, LA 70809
This class is for beginner photographers with a DSLR or mirrorless camera.
This four-part class focuses on the basics of the DSLR camera and photography. It is aimed primarily towards people new to digital photography and/or wanting to learn more about DSLRs, on-location shooting, working with available light and a brief intro to the basics of post processing with Lightroom and digital workflow.
- ISO, Aperture. Shutter Speed and how they work together
- Aperture Priority and Manual Modes
- Basics of light
- Shooting portraits, landscapes, and more
- Focal length and lenses
- Photography gear
- Intro to LR and digital workflow
Beginner Lightroom and Intermediate classes are available every 5 to 7 weeks and are encouraged to further your photography education. Alumni of the Basic Class receive a discount on these continuing education classes.
The class is part lecture and part critique. There will also be one optional field trip where you will shoot alongside your classmates and Amy. It will fall on a Saturday or Sunday from 8:30 am to 10:30am.
This is a small student to teacher ratio class with a lot of personal attention for the students, which Amy finds is the best way to learn the basics of photography.
*As an added bonus: All students will be invited to join a private Facebook Group for continued support and growth.
REQUIRED EQUIPMENT: DSLR camera, a laptop computer (not required but preferable), Lightroom CC will be used in class.
Please note: I do have a small rescue Pomeranian dog that does often accompany me to classes in my classroom. PLEASE let me know if you have a dog allergy or phobia before we meet. Thanks!
Class and Workshop Conditions and Terms:
This agreement is between Instructor Amy Shutt and Student.
1. The Student is responsible for providing all of the equipment necessary to complete the workshop unless agreed upon otherwise.
2. The Student understands that all documents that are given to him/her are copyrighted property of the Instructor and shall not be copied, distributed, or sold.
3. The Student shall not compete as a photography mentor, instructor, or leader within a 50 miles radius of Instructor's studio.
4. Schedule is subject to change by Instructor due to circumstances including, but not limited it, weather and illness.
5. The Instructor shall be held harmless for any and all injury to the Student and the Student's equipment during the course of the classes, workshops, field trips, or tours.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- 3 weeks prior to event: 100% refund
- After 3 weeks prior to event: no refund
*If you miss a class there is an option for a make up class with Amy. The cost of a 1 hour make up class is $65*
Amy retains the right to cancel any class should the class not fill to the minimum requirement of attendees.