Workflow + Printing
Workflow + Printing
January 21 + 22: 10:30am to 6:30pm
Class size: SOLD OUT
Spend the weekend learning how to get your images properly prepared for fine art printing. Each student will be able to print their images and take these archival prints home with them.
This 2-day workshop will cover basic editing, black and white conversion, and proper workflow in Adobe Lightroom for fine art printing as well as printing medium-format sized prints.
This is a small class of only 2 students!
Along with editing, workflow, and preparing images for fine art printing, a range of fine art papers and printers will be explored and we will also discuss alternative printing methods, presentation, matting, and framing.
We will end the workshop by printing a small selection of 3 to 4 of your color and/or black and white images on fine art papers of various types and sizes for you to take home.
Day 1 will be an intense look at workflow from culling images to preparing them in Lightroom. Day 2 we will pick up at the print module in Lightroom and spend the rest of the day printing.
This workshop will feature a small student to teacher ratio allowing for a lot of personal attention for the students.
*As an added bonus: All students will be invited to join a private Facebook Group for continued support and growth.
- A good understanding of how to produce properly exposed DSLR photographs
- Laptop computer
- Adobe Lightroom
- 20 to 30 RAW files to use for the class
Please note: I do have a small rescue Pomeranian dog that does often accompany me to classes in my classroom. PLEASE let me know if you have a dog allergy or phobia before we meet. Thanks!
Class and Workshop Conditions and Terms:
This agreement is between Instructor Amy Shutt and Student.
1. The Student is responsible for providing all of the equipment necessary to complete the workshop unless agreed upon otherwise.
2. The Student understands that all documents that are given to him/her are copyrighted property of the Instructor and shall not be copied, distributed, or sold.
3. The Student shall not compete as a photography mentor, instructor, or leader within a 50 miles radius of Instructor's studio.
4. Schedule is subject to change by Instructor due to circumstances including, but not limited it, weather and illness.
5. The Instructor shall be held harmless for any and all injury to the Student and the Student's equipment during the course of the classes, workshops, field trips, or tours.
Class Cancellation Policy:
- 3 weeks prior to event: 100% refund
- After 3 weeks prior to event: no refund
*If you miss a class there is an option for a make up class with Amy. The cost of a 1 hour make up class is $65*
Amy retains the right to cancel any class should the class not fill to the minimum requirement of attendees.