One-on-one private classroom instruction or 'in the field' shooting instruction for all levels of photographers. *Online real-time instruction is available as well*
I have twenty years of experience in photography in general and years of experience in digital SLRs, post processing, digital workflow, and preparing images for print. I love helping people understand photography and get the most out of their equipment, their creative vision, and the final products they want to produce.
Classes can be in classroom or out on the field depending on your particular needs.
Topics That Can Be Covered Include (But are not limited to):
- Camera Basics: Learn your DSLR or Mirrorless or film camera and how to shoot in Manual, Aperture and Shutter Priority
- Photography: Basics, Intermediate, or Advanced (Depth of Field, Back Button Focusing, Natural Light, etc)
- Studio lighting with speedlights or monolights ( professional studio lights)
- On and Off-camera external flashes on-location, and using them inside and outside
- Post processing, editing, and digital workflow with Adobe Photoshop CC or Lightroom CC
- Preparing images for printing and book making
- Printing on professional printer with professional archival papers
- In the field shooting guidance
- Business guidance (setting up, website, social media etc)
- Goal setting and guidance based on your project needs
1-on-1 Private Classroom Instruction
- $70 an hour at Amy's studio with a minimum of 4 hours to start. Can be split into two 2-hour sessions. You may add on additional hours after that.
Please email Amy to set up your class dates: firstname.lastname@example.org
1-on-1 Private ONLINE Instruction
If you live in another state or country, real-time online instruction is available through our virtual classroom.
- $70 an hour (Minimum is 4 hours, which can be split into two 2- hour sessions)
Please email Amy to set up your class dates and times: email@example.com
1-on-1 Private In The Field Instruction
If you are in need of 'in the field' shooting guidance you may schedule half day or full day excursions with Amy on weekdays or weekends. PREREQUISITES are that you have a firm understanding of how to use manual and aperture priority exposure modes. 'In the field' applies to nature, wildlife, architecture, and portrait photography.
- HALF DAY (4 hours) in Baton Rouge = $350
- FULL DAY (8 hours) in Baton Rouge = $600
- HALF DAY (4 hours) 15 to 80 miles outside of Baton Rouge = $480
- FULL DAY (8 hours ) 15 to 80 miles outside of Baton Rouge = $760
*Lunch is included in Full Day Instruction
Please email Amy to discuss and set up your 'in the field' instruction: firstname.lastname@example.org
**IN PURCHASING PRIVATE LESSONS YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MUST GIVE AMY 48 HOURS NOTICE IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL A SCHEDULED CLASS. IF YOU FAIL TO DO SO YOU WILL NEED TO PAY A MAKE UP FEE OF $65 AN HOUR TO RESCHEDULE THAT CLASS MEETING.
Please note: I do have a small rescue Pomeranian dog that does often accompany me to classes in my classroom. PLEASE let me know if you have a dog allergy or phobia before we meet. Thanks!
Interested in a private group class? Email me for more info! email@example.com
Class and Workshop Conditions and Terms:
This agreement is between Instructor Amy Shutt and Student.
1. The Student is responsible for providing all of the equipment necessary to complete the workshop unless agreed upon otherwise.
2. The Student understands that all documents that are given to him/her are copyrighted property of the Instructor and shall not be copied, distributed, or sold.
3. The Student shall not compete as a photography mentor, instructor, or leader in an on-line and in-person capacity.
4. Schedule is subject to change by Instructor due to circumstances including, but not limited to, weather and illness.
5. The Instructor shall be held harmless for any and all injury to the Student and the Student's equipment during the course of the classes, workshops, field trips, or tours.
Amy retains the right to cancel any class should the class not fill to the minimum requirement of attendees.